Sunday, August 10, 2014

3 Steps to Getting Extraordinary Results

Champagne dinner in Singapore with great company

Most of us would love to get more stuff done.  We always complain that there is not enough time in the day or we don’t have enough resources to complete what we want to do.  We make excuses for our lives.  We are excuse making machines.  I find if many people took as much time working on solutions as they do on manufacturing excuses for why things can't get done or why they are not getting done, their life would transform in moments and they would begin to accomplish more in a week than they did in the previous few months.   Many of us would look back on the last 6 months or a year of our life and realize that we accomplished very little of our dreams other than work and maybe a little bit of play.  I have talked to so many people that want to get their physical fitness back on track, start writing a book or a blog, strengthen their relationships, grow their business, or just create more time for fun but now it is 6 months or a year or more later and they are not much further along than when they started.  I want to share with three simple steps than can jumpstart your productivity.

#1 Wake Up Early


It is amazing what can be accomplished before the sun rises.  At 5:30 am, the house is peaceful, the roads are quiet, and there is an opportunity for solitude and uninterrupted time.  Let’s say you wake up at whatever time you need to in order to give yourself an uninterrupted 1 hour of time in the morning.  Listen, I know this is not easy for most people, myself included!  I used to hate waking up early.  And who am I kidding?  There are still many mornings now that when my alarm goes off, the last thing I want to do is get out of bed.  I would love an extra 30 minutes or one hour of sleep.  It takes a lot of will power to wake up an hour earlier than the minimum time needed to shower, get dressed, and grab some breakfast.  It takes discipline but the results are extraordinary.  You could literally write a book and achieve extraordinary physical fitness and health in just 6 months.  Believe me because that is exactly what I am doing.  Which leads me to the next step...

See you next week for step 2!

Love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment