Sunday, May 4, 2014

Is your life empowering...or not?

Waterfall in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Life is about the perspective we take in the following three situations: times of idleness where it appears as though nothing is happening, times of victory where it seems like everything is happening, and times of challenge where a wave crashes over us and it feels as though we are tumbling head over feet in a washing machine with no end in site.  The answer is the same for all three. We must create a perspective around gratitude and mobilization. We must be grateful for every situation that arises in our life because it all serves us in realizing our true potential.  

I grew up on the beach and I remember when I was a kid, I used to love to go body boarding on the big waves.  Some of my greatest memories were crashing and burning.  When I relaxed and did not try to fight the power of the wave, I could enjoy the excitement of the twisting and turning with a knowing that it would spit me out of the water in just a few moments.  When I fought it, I would instantly become scared and lose that sense of excitement.  On the opposite side of the coin, I could choose to find enjoyment in the process of riding a great wave while constantly evaluating what worked and what didn’t work so I could be even more successful next time.  

We always need to evaluate how we could’ve ridden that wave longer, faster, and even bring more people with us on the wave which will lead to more excitement, more fulfillment, and improve our ability to ride that wave even better. Some people are so good at this it appears they are riding a permanent wave of success, but I assure you they are not.  They are just so good around creating empowering perspectives while learning to right their crash and burns quickly and efficiently and extending their wave riding experience, it just appears that way.


When we manage our perspective on life’s experiences, we master our life.  When we learn how to create empowering meanings to EVERY situation, we master our life.  When we view life as a daring adventure that is meant to be lived fully and completely, we are able to find empowering meaning in the stillness of the water, rush of a monster wave, and even the crash and burn that will inevitably occur at times.  When we get to this point, we are able to experience the majesty of life in all of its forms and functions.  This is the key to life. 

Love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment