Sunday, September 22, 2013

Have you found your purpose?


Do you ever find yourself struggling with the fact that you don't have life figured out yet? Do you ever question what your purpose is or what you want to do with the rest of your life? Do you ever find yourself questioning why you can't seem to find the right relationship, the right career, or you just keep finding yourself asking questions about life whose answers seem to be quite elusive?  If you answered yes to any of these, you are not alone.  If you've answered no to all of these, then get your head out from under the rock you've been living under.  Those people who are on this journey we call life are all about asking these questions that challenge us, frustrate us at times, yet provide us with invaluable insight to take our lives to new levels.  It is in the questions, not the answers that we find life's most valuable learning experiences.

I have been reading a very powerful book lately called The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer. In the most recent chapter he challenged the readers that it is in the times of questioning our purpose and vision that we discover the most powerful answers.  Just like the thought of losing a relationship makes us love that person more or the thought or act of losing our health makes us value and appreciate our health more, the thought of losing or questioning our very purpose makes us want to define, refine, or re-invent our purpose even more.  We can use that very questioning to paralyze us or propel us to action.

I have been questioning my future more and more lately.  There are things I question about where I see myself in 5-10 years; whether or not I will be married, whether or not a family is in the cards for me, where I see myself settling down, and the list goes on and on.  I am learning to embrace rather than reject these questions.  I use these questions to bring more clarity rather than more confusion, and more peace in my life rather than more inner turmoil.  The keys to creating this are found in creating a level of faith in the future, fulfillment in the moment, and an undying determination and discipline to digger deeper into my heart, head, and soul to manifest a more profound level of self-actualization. I read to expand my knowledge. I meditate to connect with deeper levels of myself. I engage in profound conversations with intelligent individuals to confront and challenge my values and ideals. I work on my Lifebook to clarify exactly what I want in life. I write in order to clarify the ideas I have in my head.

The bad news is creating an extraordinary life takes an extraordinary effort. The good news is that the rewards that you receive from putting in an extraordinary effort are exponential. Begin to question your beliefs more. Begin to question your purpose more. Begin to question your values more. Because it is within the questions that the answers to living an extraordinary life are found.

Love,
Matt

2 comments: