Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Least Sexy Key to Success



Many of us who are on the path of spiritual growth and personal development are observant to the fact that we are not exactly where we would like to be.  Some of us take that thinking process to a new level and design our life and goals exactly like we would love to see it manifest.  Even fewer take it to the next step.  This next step is one the most overlooked, if not the most overlooked step to reaching our dreams.  It is that of an intense and unwaivering level of discipline.  It is easy to talk about where you would like to go and who you would like to become but so few are willing to create the discipline in their lives to actually make it happen. You must create discipline in your thoughts, words, and deeds and among all the layers of your life. If you truly want success in all domains of your life, you must create the discipline and mechanisms to demonstrate that.  Show me how you are in the weakest area of your life and you will show me your life.  

Many people are strong and disciplined in their financial life and attract mass amounts of wealth, yet they don't exercise or eat healthy.  Others are disciplined to workout and eat healthy but have no professional motivation and live paycheck to paycheck.  Others have a great social life but their spiritual life is in shambles, while others have an amazing spiritual life but no one to share it with.  You get the point.  Discipline is like a muscle.  When you exercise your discipline "muscle," you become stronger in all areas of your life.  Let me give you an example.  I love to eat and I love to eat healthy.  I eat super clean and healthy 90-95% of the time but I also choose to cheat every once in a while. The key word is choose.  I choose to cheat with my meals occasionally.  I am all right with that when I choose it.  What I can't live with is when I act out of impulse and I become a victim to my vices.  One of my vices is pizza.  Delicious, thin crust, New York style pizza.  It is one of my true food loves. Occasionally I choose to eat it, but usually I choose to not even surround myself with pizza because I know I will be tempted to eat it.  Sometimes, however, I go to a restaurant that has pizza to challenge myself and strengthen my discipline muscle.  I go there and choose a healthier option to prove to myself I am stronger than my vices.  It encourages me and builds up my self-confidence in all areas of my life because I take control and don't allow food to have power over me. Can you see how this level of discipline will benefit me in all areas of my life? 

I am totally committed to continuous and constant develop in all the domains of my life; spiritually, mentally, socially, physically, financially, and personally.  I am committed to creating the life of my dreams not only for myself, but as a commitment to be a role model and inspiration of what is possible to my community. While it is very important to celebrate our victories and successes in one area of our life, it can be equally as devastating on the other side of the coin to ignore our weaknesses and inadequacies in the weaker areas of our life.  Commit today to create an intense level of discipline in your life.  Commit today to never again allow your vices to rule your life.  Commit today to begin to be the person you would love to display for the entire to world to see.  When you bring that level of commitment and discipline to your life, you eliminate the addictions to your vices, and actually create the freedom to do and create the life of your dreams.  Think it. See it. Visualize it. And then go out and create it.  The world is yours for the taking.

Love,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for ways to regain and/or keep your health using a holistic medical approach, it's time you see a chiropractor, which are dedicated to helping each and every patient take control over your health and maintain it so that your body can meet the demands life throws at it for years and decades to come.
    Chiropractic Beverly MA

    ReplyDelete