Friday, May 29, 2009

Is your Circle of Influence building you up or tearing you down?

How many of you have heard the ancient question, ”If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one thing with you, what would it be?” Most of you have heard this question I hope, unless you have been living under a rock your whole life! I love that question because it really makes you contemplate about what is important to you and where your values stand. I’d like to rephrase the question just a bit. “If you were stranded on a desert island, who are the six people you would want to take with you?” This is not an esoteric question where your answers may range anywhere from Albert Einstein to Jessica Alba. I want to know the six people in your life that you would want to take with you. If these people are not the six people you spend most of your time with, we have a problem. It has been said that we are a reflection of the six people we spend the most time with. Who are your six? Are these people energy vampires or are they empowers? Do they take more from your “vending machine” of energy than they contribute or do they give more than they take? Do they call you to greatness or do they let you settle for mediocre? The ultimate level of your success will largely be determined by your “Circle of Influence.”

I would like to take a moment to acknowledge my “Circle of Influence.” I have to say I have been fortunate to be surrounded by the most amazing people on the face of this planet. This statement is no hyperbole. I truly believe with every fiber of my being that I have attracted and continue to attract some really amazing people into my life. If I am even a small reflection of the quality of people I have in my life, I am humbled to a level of sincere gratitude.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to fill more than eight ounces into an eight-ounce glass. As we finish up with Spring and head into Summer, I encourage you to re-evaluate the inventory of people in your life and schedule a Spring “cleaning.” Spend more time and show gratitude to the people that call you to a level of world-class. Send them a Thank You card or just give them a call and tell them what they mean to you and how much you appreciate them. You will be amazed by the results you will see in all areas of your life including your level of happiness, success, and personal fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment